1. In a bowl, pick the duck leg meat off the bone and then mix with the spring onions, carrots, beansprouts, sesame oil, soy sauce, plum sauce, sesame seeds and salt and pepper. Set mixture aside.
2. On a chopping board, lay out a sheet of spring roll pastry and spoon a tablespoon of the duck mix into the centre. Lightly brush the edges of the pastry with egg and fold the sides of the pastry in and roll the pastry, to encase the filling so that it doesn’t spill out when cooking. Repeat until all the mix is used up.
3. In a pan, heat the veg oil until hot and add the spring rolls (in batches), and fry on both sides until golden brown. Transfer to an oven dish and bake for 25 minutes at 190 degrees.
4. For the salsa: Put the shallots, tomatillos, garlic, olive oil and jalapeños into a pot and cook for 10 minutes on a low heat.
5. Transfer to a blender and mix with the remaining ingredients, seasoning as desired. Serve on top of the spring rolls.