Fly home for the St Patrick’s Festival with Irish Times Abroad
Irish Times Abroad and the St Patrick’s Festival are offering the chance for you and a loved one to return home from overseas to celebrate St Patrick’s Festival in Dublin.
The prize includes return flights to Ireland for two, VIP grand stand tickets to the St Patrick’s Parade in Dublin plus accommodation.
Living in Ireland? Simply nominate a friend or family maybe overseas.
If you are not an existing member of the network, click here to join and enter the competition.
Terms & Conditions
1. The promoter and data controller is The Irish Times Limited, The Irish Times Building, 24-28 Tara Street, Dublin .
2. The promotion is open to persons aged 18 years or over who is a member of The Irish Times Abroad Network except employees of the promoter, their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the competition
3. The competition is partnership with The St Patrick’s Festival, Internet House, 26 Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland
4. Entry must be made using an official entry form available electronically at www.irishtimes.com/stpatricksday. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. Incomplete, illegible or corrupted entries or those not in accordance with the entry instructions will not be accepted.
5. Responsibility is not accepted for any entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of network, computer hardware or software failures of any kind. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entries will become the property of the promoter.
6. The prize is economy class return flights from a single destination anywhere in the world to Dublin, Ireland for the winner or a nominee of the winner and their guest, two grandstand tickets to the St Patrick’s Day Festival Parade in Dublin, Ireland and two of tickets for the lead music event, plus accommodation for 4 nights only (March 15th – 19th) during the festival in 4* accommodation, up to total maximum value of €2000 for both the flights and accommodation. No cash alternatives will be offered. The prize is non-transferable.
7. The winner will be the person who has, in the opinion of the judges, completed the competition submission in the most apt and original way. The decision of the judges is final. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value. No correspondence will be entered into.
8. To enter the competition you must be a member of The Irish Times Abroad Network and complete the tiebreaker in 15 words or less
9. The prize will be subject to any additional terms and conditions of the supplier of the prize to the promoter.
10. The promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage or consequential damage of any nature whether in contract, tort including negligence or otherwise caused by acceptance of these terms and conditions or in connection with the prize.
11. The winner will be notified by a member of The Irish Times Marketing Department within 5 days of the closing date. The winner must claim their prize within 30 days of notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with the competition rules.
12. Notification of dates for flights must be given at least 3 weeks prior to travel date requested.
13. The winner or their nominee and their guest must have their own travel insurance policy.
14. The prize must be used by 15th March, 2018 and is subject to available flights and accommodation.
15. The winner and their guest are responsible for all visa and travel documents and must have valid passports that are valid for the conditions of the country they elect to travel to.
16. A valid entry consists of a submission stating who you want to visit or who you want to visit you, where you want to visit and why you want to visit that person or want them to visit you in 15 words or less accompanied by the entrant’s name and email address.
17. Entries must be entered online in the form above.
18. Entries not submitted in accordance with these rules will be disqualified.
19. Entries may be published in The Irish Times or on irishtimes.com.
20. The promoters’ decision is final and binding in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. By entering this promotion, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules and consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Data Controller for the purposes of the administration of this promotion and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented. All entry instructions form part of the rules.
22. The winner may be required to participate in unpaid promotional related publicity undertaken by the promoter or its associated companies.
23. Entry to this promotion shall be deemed full and unconditional acceptance of the terms & conditions.
24. The promoters reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions.
25. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Ireland and subject to the jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
26. Details of the competition winner will be published on The Irish Times website.
27. The closing date for entries to this competition is Friday, 16th February 2018.