Win a hamper of Spanish wine to celebrate Spanish Wine Week 2020
To celebrate and help you join in Spanish Wine Week, The Irish Times is giving you the chance to win a hamper of six beautiful Spanish wines.
Running in various locations across the country and online from October 12th to October 18th, the team at Wines from Spain are asking wine lovers to raise a glass and support the industry in Ireland while enjoying a selection of delicious Spanish wines of their choice.
Celebrating a good year for Spanish wines as their share of the Irish wine market grew to 14% from 2018’s 13.0%, ranking them second in wine sales, this year Spanish Wine Week will shine a light on wine shops, restaurants and online retailers who are flying the flag for Spanish wines with discounts, offers and promotions available across the country. Woodberry Wines, The WineHouse, The NudeWine Co., Whelenhans, JN Wines and O’Brien’s are just some of the shops who will all offer extra incentives and offers during the week.
This year, a number of online wine tastings and masterclasses with some of the biggest names in Spanish wine have also been added to the schedule to ensure anyone, anywhere can tune in from the comfort of their own home. Join Harriet Tindal MW as she moderates an insightful and immersive webinar looking at the evolutionary journey of Spanish wine with four Spanish wine makers on October 13th. Don’t miss a series of three virtual wine masterclasses with Sevgi Tüzel-Conghaile from A Wine Idea who will be joined by Andreas Kubach showcasing the diversity of Spanish wines and some new emerging trends on Wednesday 14th October followed by Jonas Tofterup, the first Danish Master of Wine on Thursday 15th October and Almudena Alberca on Friday 16th exploring Spain’s leading black grape variety Tempranillo. Almudena is the first woman in Spain to achieve the title of Master of Wine. The Irish Times wine writer John Wilson will also join the team at WineOnline.ie for another informative evening of digital wine tasting for all on Friday 16th October.
For further information on the events planned for Spanish Wine Week 2020, click here.
This competition is now closed.
Terms & Conditions
1. The promotion is open to residents of the Republic of Ireland aged 18 years or over except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
2. A valid entry consists of a correct answer entered in the form above, accompanied by the entrant’s name, email address and a phone number.
3. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete, illegible, or corrupted entries will be accepted. No entries not in accordance with the entry instructions will be accepted.
4. The Promotion will run from 10/10/20 to midnight on 26/10/20 inclusive.
5. All entries must be received by the Promotor by no later than midnight on the Closing Date. All competition entries received after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified.
6. Promotion limited to one entry per person. No entrant will win more than one prize.
7. By submitting an entry to the Promotor, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
8. Responsibility will not be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entries will become the property of the Promoter.
9. The prize is a hamper of six Spanish wines.
10. All prizes will be subject to any additional terms and conditions of the supplier of the prize to the Promoter.
11. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage or consequential damage of any nature in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise caused by the acceptance of the terms and conditions or in connection with the prize.
12. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
13. The winners will be notified by email. The winner must claim the prize within 30 days of the notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with the Promotion rules.
14. The promoters’ decision is final and binding in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. The winners’ details (name and county) will be made available on The Irish Times website.
16. The winner may be required to participate in unpaid publicity arising from this promotion.
17. The Promotor will only process your personal information as set out in https://www.irishtimes.com/policy-and-terms/privacy-policy and as set out in these terms and conditions.
18. Prizes are non transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
19. These terms and conditions shall be governed by Irish law and the Courts of the Republic of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
20. Promoter and Data Controller: The Irish Times DAC, The Irish Times Building, P.O. Box 74, 24 - 28 Tara Street, Dublin 2.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel or amend the Promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.