Restored Father Mathew Hall sells for €750,000
The hall has 826sq m (8,894sq ft) of floor space over three levels
Father Mathew Hall: originally designed as a base for the Halston Street Temperance Sodality
One of Dublin’s best known landmarks, Father Mathew Hall near the Four Courts, originally known for its links to the temperance movement and later to the Feis Maitiú singing competitions, will shortly assume a new role as headquarters for a privately-run pension advisory service.
The unnamed company has paid €750,000 for the newly restored hall which was owned by businessman Harry Crosbie before Nama took control of €77 million in loans attached to his various businesses.
The hall has 826sq m (8,894sq ft) of floor space over three levels and was refurbished under the direction of architects Scott Tallon Walker.
The building has a strong presence at the junction of Church Street and Nicholas Avenue. It was designed by Walter Glynn Doolin as a new base for the Halston Street Temperance Sodality, marking the 1890 centenary of the birth of Theobold Mathew. The sale was handled by David Bennett of DTZ Sherry FitzGerald.