Swirled eggs, crunchy bacon crumble
Tasty morsel: Heat the olive oil over a medium heat in a non-stick pan.
- Serves: 2
- Cooking Time: 30 mins
- Course: Main Course
- Cuisine: Irish
- 125g packet smoked bacon lardons
- 80g breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 4 sage leaves, finely shredded
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 free range eggs
- A pinch of smoked paprika
1. Set the oven to 185 degrees.
2. Put the lardons, breadcrumbs, butter and sage on to a roasting tray, season and mix together.
3. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, turning once or twice until they are golden and crisp.
4. Heat the olive oil over a medium heat in a non-stick pan then crack in the eggs. Season then sprinkle over the smoked paprika. Cook for two minutes then pierce the egg yolks with the tip of a knife and swirl around the pan.
5. Sprinkle the bacony breadcrumbs on top of the eggs then put the pan in the oven for two minutes. You want the eggs a little soft, timing is everything with this one. Serve straight away.