Skinny Asian salmon with cabbage
This salmon dish is a perky delight. The Asian twist gives vigour and interest to its rich flesh
Skinny Asian salmon with cabbage. Photograph: Nick Bradshaw
- Serves: 4
- Cooking Time: 30 mins
- Course: Main Course
- Cuisine: Asian
- 4 skinless salmon fillets, approx 140g each
- 2 large cloves of garlic grated
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 75ml dark soy sauce
- 75ml water
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 small head of cabbage, trimmed and washed
- 1 tbs toasted sesame oil.
1. Set the oven to 200 degrees Celsius, or equivalent.
2. Mix the grated garlic, ginger, soy, honey and water together.
3. Put the salmon into a baking dish then add the liquid to the dish.
4. Turn the salmon in the mixture then tightly cover with foil.
5. Bake for approximately 15 minutes, then check. If the salmon isn’t ready pop it back in for another couple of minutes.
6. Meanwhile, cook the cabbage for two minutes in boiling salted water, drain and turn in the sesame oil and keep warm.
7. Serve the salmon with the cabbage and rice, then pour over the delicious garlicky, ginger juices.