Roasted courgette, rocket and Parma ham salad
- Serves: 4
- Cooking Time: 10 mins
- Course: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Irish
- 3 large courgettes
- 50ml olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced thinly
- I small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Salt and black pepper
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 bag (70g) rocket salad, washed and dried
- 8 slices Parma ham
- A lot of Parmesan shavings
1. Preheat an oven to 200 degrees Celsius, or equivalent.
2. Cut the courgettes into three centimetre chunks and place them on a roasting tray. Turnthem n the olive oil then add the chilli, garlic, salt and pepper.
3. Roast the courgettes in the oven for 10-15 minutes until they are soft and yielding.
4. Divide onto four plates.
5. Squeeze the lemon juice onto the roasting tray and mix with the remaining juices. Use this to dress the rocket.
6. Place the dressed rocket on top of the courgettes and drape the Parma ham over the rocket.
7. Scatter the Parmesan shavings generously over the dish