Fennell, celery and mozerella with a mustard, garlic and honey based dressing.
Crunchy caprese salad. Photograph: Aidan Crawley
- Serves: 4
- Cooking Time: 5 mins
- Course: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 ball buffalo mozzarella
- 1 head fennel, sliced
- 1 head celery, sliced
- 1 tin borlotti beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 heads Cos lettuce
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tbsp honey or agave syrup
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Good pinch turmeric
- A little grated ginger
- Salt and pepper
1.Make the dressing by mixing the mustard, garlic, honey and then whisking in the olive oil, very slowly.
2. Then whisk in the vinegar, ginger and turmeric.
3. Tear up the mozzarella and mix with the fennel, celery and beans.
4. Toss in the dressing, add the lettuce, mix well and serve