- ½ turnip, peeled
- 2 beetroot, peeled
- 3 carrots, peeled
- 3 parsnip, peeled
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 2tbs olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- 250ml Greek-style yoghurt
- 2tbs lemon juice
- 2tbs light tahini
- 3tbs finely chopped herbs (dill, mint, coriander, parsley etc)
- For the hot honey:
- 1tsp chilli flakes or few slices of jalapeño
- 6tbs honey
- 2tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 clove of garlic, bruised
1. Make the hot honey first. This can be done just before you roast the vegetables or a few days beforehand. Pour the honey into a small pan. Add the chillies, vinegar, rosemary, garlic and a pinch of salt. Simmer very low for five minutes, then pour into a jar and set aside. The longer it’s left, the spicier it’ll get.
2. Preheat the oven to 220 degrees. Chop the peeled veg into similar sized cubes so they all cook evenly. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and black pepper, then mix well.
3. Roast for 20 minutes or until the veg are done to your liking.
4. Meanwhile mix the yoghurt with the herbs, tahini and lemon juice. Season with salt to taste. Set aside.
5. Once the veg is cooked, spread the yoghurt on to a platter or serving bowl. Arrange the veg on top and drizzle it all with the hot honey.