Win a pair of tickets to the Irish première of Agnès Varda’s Faces Places at the IFI French Film Festival with an overnight stay at Brooks Hotel
The Irish Times and IFI are giving you the chance to win a pair of tickets to the Irish première of Agnès Varda’s Faces Places (Visages, villages) at the IFI French Film Festival on Tuesday, November 21st at 6.20pm, plus an overnight stay in a deluxe room (breakfast included) at Brooks Hotel in Dublin’s city centre on the same night.
The indefatigable Agnès Varda, a treasure of world cinema and recipient of a 2017 Honorary Oscar, teams up with the mysterious JR, a street artist specialising in large-scale outdoor photographic portraiture, for a delightful docu-travelogue that sees the irresistibly incongruent duo embark on a quest to honour the faces and places of rural France. Travelling from town to town in JR’s van, fitted out to resemble a gigantic camera, they immortalise the faces of intriguing locals they meet along the way with immense public murals.
The IFI French Film Festival runs at the IFI in Temple Bar from November 15th - 26th. This year’s festival includes new films from Michael Haneke, Claire Denis, Robin Campillo, Arnaud Desplechin and Philippe Garrel. For more information and booking, see www.ifi.ie/frenchfest.
Brooks Hotel, official hotel partner of the IFI French Film Festival, is a unique luxury four star boutique hotel located in the heart of Dublin City Centre, just a 2-minute walk from Grafton Street and St. Stephen’s Green.
To be in with a chance to win, simply answer the competition question below.
Terms & Conditions
1. The promoters are The Irish Times Limited, The Irish Times Building, 24-28 Tara Street, Dublin 2 and Irish Film Institute, 6 Eustace Street, Temple Bar, Dublin D02 PD85.
2. The prize is a pair of tickets to the Irish première of Agnès Varda’s Faces Places (Visages, villages) at the IFI French Film Festival on Tuesday, November 21st at 6.20pm plus an overnight stay in a deluxe room (breakfast included) at Brooks Hotel on November 21st.
3. The overnight stay at Brooks Hotel is only available for the night of November 21st 2017.
4. Employees or agents of The Irish Times, and their families or other persons connected with this promotion are not eligible to enter.
5. Prize is as offered and no cash alternative will apply.
6. The prize is not transferable.
7. The competition is open to residents of the island of Ireland, aged 18 and over.
8. A valid entry consists of a correct answer entered in the form above, accompanied by the entrant’s name, email address and a phone number.
9. Entries must be entered online in the form above.
10. Entries not submitted in accordance with these rules will be disqualified.
11. The promoters’ decision is final and binding in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. The promoters reserve the right to change any aspect of the prize.
13. The prize (in the case of event tickets) must be claimed at least one week before the scheduled start of the event, all other prizes must be claimed within six weeks of notification by The Irish Times or the competition partner.
14. The prize will be subject to any additional terms and conditions of the suppliers of the prize.
15. The promoters are excluded from liability for any loss, damage or injury which might occur to the winner arising from his or her acceptance of the prize.
16. The winner may be required to participate in unpaid promotional related publicity undertaken by the promoter or its associated companies.
17. Entry to this promotion shall be deemed full and unconditional acceptance of the terms & conditions.
18. The promoters reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions.
19. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Ireland and subject to the jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
20. Details of the competition winner will be published on The Irish Times website.
21. Competition ends Sunday, November 12th 2017.