Win a trip to Sri Lanka with Emirates Holidays
The Irish Times has partnered with Emirates Holidays to give one lucky reader and a guest the chance to spend a week in Sri Lanka.
The winner and their guest will experience the epitome of luxury for four nights at the five-star Anantara Peace Haven Tangalle Resort, which is located on Sri Lanka’s south most coast. The hotel retreat is set in a fragrant coconut plantation with amazing views overlooking the Indian Ocean. They will then spend three nights in the beautiful, five-star Anantara Kalutara Resort. Located on the southwest coast surrounded by lush gardens and between the Kalu River lagoon and golden beachfront, the Anantara Kalutara is a paradise resort worth exploring that’s full of family activities. The prize includes return Emirates Economy flights for 2 adults from Dublin, breakfast each morning, plus airport and hotel to hotel transfers in Sri Lanka.
When you book an Emirates Holiday, you are guaranteed a four or five star hotel stay as standard combined with a return flight on award-winning Emirates Airline. If you wish to add transfers, excursions, attractions and other optional activities this can be done easily by calling their dedicated travel experts on 1 800 800 740, the team are open seven days a week.
Congratulations to our winner Deirdre Corrigan. This competition is now closed.
Terms & Conditions
1. The promoters are The Irish Times DAC, The Irish Times Building, 24-28 Tara Street, Dublin 2.
2. The prize is a week long stay for two people at the 5 star Anantara Peace Haven Tangalle Resort, Sri Lanka with return flights from Emirates. Once winner is chosen Emirates Holidays will contact customer to arrange their holiday.
3.Promoter reserves the right to request proof of age, verifiable by birth certificate or passport only, and proof of residency, verifiable by recent utility bill only (issued within 6 months of win).
4.U18s travelling as guest(s) of the winner will only be permitted to travel/attend with their parent or legal guardian.
5. Employees or agents of The Irish Times, and their families or other persons connected with this promotion are not eligible to enter.
6. Prize is as offered and no cash alternative will apply.
7. The prize is not transferable.
8. Entry is for people of 18 years of age and over.
9. A valid entry consists of a correct answer entered in the form above, accompanied by the entrant’s name, email address and a phone number.
10. Entries must be entered online in the form above.
11. Entries not submitted in accordance with these rules will be disqualified.
12. The promoters’ decision is final and binding in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The promoters reserve the right to change any aspect of the prize.
14. The prize (in the case of event tickets) must be claimed at least one week before the scheduled start of the event, all other prizes must be claimed within six weeks of notification by The Irish Times or the competition partner.
15. The prize will be subject to any additional terms and conditions of the suppliers of the prize.
16. The promoters are excluded from liability for any loss, damage or injury which might occur to the winner arising from his or her acceptance of the prize.
17. The winner may be required to participate in unpaid promotional related publicity undertaken by the promoter or its associated companies.
18. Entry to this promotion shall be deemed full and unconditional acceptance of the terms & conditions.
19. The promoters reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions.
20. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Ireland and subject to the jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
23.Details of the competition winner will be published on The Irish Times website.
24.Holiday must be completed by 15/10/20, no extensions permitted. If the holiday is not completed by 15/10/20 the holiday, and all holiday prize elements will be deemed to have been forfeited.
25.No changes will be permitted once tickets are booked and issued.
26.All elements are subject to advanced booking and availability, may exclude some peak dates (including but not limited to Christmas holidays), not all date ranges may be catered for.
27.Travel insurance and airport transfers to/from Dublin Airport and abroad are not included.
28.Holiday prize cannot be split, is valid for one travel period only, any prize elements not availed of within the agreed travel dates will be deemed to have been forfeited.
29.Winner and guest(s) must hold valid appropriate travel insurance (as determined by the Promoter) for the holiday duration and the Promoter may require the winner, and their guest(s) to show evidence of valid appropriate travel insurance prior to travel.
30.Winner and guest(s) must hold valid passports and are solely responsible for any special visa requirements and medical vaccinations/other recommended medical requirements.
31.Winner and guest(s) are solely responsible for completing all documentation (electronic or other) required in advance of travel/entry and are solely responsible for paying any associated fees.
32.Winner and guest(s) are solely responsible for any duty which must be paid on goods purchased abroad upon their return to Ireland.
33.Any costs incurred additional to the prize elements listed (e.g telephone charges, meals, car hire, room service, excursions, transfers etc.) will be at the winner's own expense.
34.Any requested and permitted upgrades or changes to the stated prize will be at the winner's own expense.
35.Failure to attend for any reason whatsoever on the travel dates agreed and booked does not entitle the winner to an alternative prize and the prize will be deemed to have been forfeited.
36.The Promoter reserves the right to substitute prize of equal value (as determined by the Promoter) if a prize element becomes unavailable for any reason whatsoever.
37. Competition ends Friday, 12th September 2019.