Win a festive escape to The Imperial Hotel, Cork
The Irish Times has teamed up with The Imperial Hotel, Cork to offer one lucky reader the chance to win an overnight stay in the heart of Cork City with A Christmas Carol Festive Afternoon Tea for two to enjoy.
Cork’s oldest and best-loved hotel, on the South Mall near the river just a couple of minutes’ walk from the city’s most elegant and interesting shopping, The Imperial Hotel has been welcoming and taking care of guests since 1813 and comes into its sparkling own at Christmas. Many of those guests have been well-known figures, from Fr. Mathew to Sir Walter Scott, William Makepeace Thackeray to the composer Liszt, and Michael Collins who famously spent his last night in room 115.
In 1858 Charles Dickens visited Ireland as part of a book tour. During his own lifetime, Dickens was a major celebrity and a huge draw. After sell-out audiences in Dublin and Belfast, he came to Cork and played to packed houses, staying, naturally, in The Imperial as well as giving a private reading of A Christmas Carol in the hotel’s Clarence Room.
Taking its structure from the story, A Christmas Carol Afternoon Tea is created around three tiers called Christmas past, present and future with all the elements homemade in The Imperial’s kitchens. Christmas past focuses on the traditional flavours of tea brack, classic mince pies and old-school homemade scones with all the trimmings. The Christmas present tier has a fresh and modern selection of sandwiches and savoury bites, and the Christmas future tier features quirky mulled wine truffles, gingerbread macarons and a chocolate and chestnut mousse on a sable pastry (vegan and gluten free).
The ideal time out from shopping up a storm with so much excellent retail therapy close by or just a lovely catch up with those you’ve missed the most, A Christmas Carol Festive Afternoon Tea in The Imperial is available to book in the stylish surroundings of Lafayette’s everyday from the 4th December from 12 noon to 5p.m, available until 6th January 2021. A Christmas Carol Festive Afternoon Tea at The Imperial is €29 per person, or €36 with a glass of bubbles.
To find out more, click here.
This competition is now closed.
Terms & Conditions
1. The promotion is open to residents of the Republic of Ireland aged 18 years or over except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
2. A valid entry consists of a correct answer entered in the form above, accompanied by the entrant’s name, email address and a phone number.
3. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete, illegible, or corrupted entries will be accepted. No entries not in accordance with the entry instructions will be accepted.
4. The Promotion will run from 11/12/20 to midnight on 14/12/20 inclusive.
5. All entries must be received by the Promotor by no later than midnight on the Closing Date. All competition entries received after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified.
6. Promotion limited to one entry per person. No entrant will win more than one prize.
7. By submitting an entry to the Promotor, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
8. Responsibility will not be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entries will become the property of the Promoter.
9. The prize is an overnight stay with Christmas Carol afternoon tea for two. There will be one winner.
10. All prizes will be subject to any additional terms and conditions of the supplier of the prize to the Promoter.
11. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage or consequential damage of any nature in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise caused by the acceptance of the terms and conditions or in connection with the prize.
12. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
13. The winners will be notified by email. The winner must claim the prize within 30 days of the notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with the Promotion rules.
14. The promoters’ decision is final and binding in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. The winners’ details (name and county) will be made available on The Irish Times website.
16. The winner may be required to participate in unpaid publicity arising from this promotion.
17. The Promotor will only process your personal information as set out in https://www.irishtimes.com/policy-and-terms/privacy-policy and as set out in these terms and conditions.
18. Prizes are non transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
19. These terms and conditions shall be governed by Irish law and the Courts of the Republic of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
20. Promoter and Data Controller: The Irish Times DAC, The Irish Times Building, P.O. Box 74, 24 - 28 Tara Street, Dublin 2.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel or amend the Promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.