Win a three course dinner for two with wine and welcome cocktails at The Mill Restaurant
The Irish Times has teamed up with Cliff at Lyons to offer one lucky reader the chance to win a three course dinner for two with wine and welcome cocktails at The Mill.
Head chef Sean Smith has taken his renowned Cliff Townhouse cuisine to the Kildare countryside, cooking in the unique setting of The Mill at Cliff at Lyons, just a short drive from Dublin.
The heart of the resort, The Mill is a handsome, dramatic room with huge double-height ceilings, a generous open fire and windows that open out to a terrace beside the fast-flowing mill race and waterfall.
The same special date night quality of Cliff Townhouse is recreated with The Mill as a backdrop — a spectacular and glamorous room, and a perfect fit for Sean’s lovely menus. Simple and elegant, with some classics, some sustainable fish, and a little something different, Sean’s lightness of hand in cooking and seasoning and his sophisticated palate make for a relaxed and luxurious style of dining in this airy and spacious room.
As always, Sean is sourcing as much of his menu as locally as possible, including some ingredients grown on the grounds of the Cliff at Lyons Estate. Enjoy his take on classics like scallops with cauliflower puree, confit chicken wing and chicken juices or beetroot-cured salmon with baby beets and horseradish cream, or maybe indulge in the table-side drama of lobster bisque with lobster and brandy cream served from a silver tureen. With mains including black sole meunière with lemon, caper, parsley and brown butter, or a glazed lamb shoulder for two to share with smoked garlic potato and salt-baked carrot, and venison loin with black pudding, savoy cabbage and blackberry dressing, this is seasonal cooking with a deft and delicious focus.
Make an evening of it with drinks or nibbles beforehand in their bar or under the stars in their covered courtyard, Cliff at Lyons
The Mill opens for both lunch and dinner. Christmas Eve lunch is also available from 12 midday to 3.30 pm.
This competition is now closed.
Terms & Conditions
1. The promotion is open to residents of the Republic of Ireland aged 18 years or over except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
2. A valid entry consists of a correct answer entered in the form above, accompanied by the entrant’s name, email address and a phone number.
3. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete, illegible, or corrupted entries will be accepted. No entries not in accordance with the entry instructions will be accepted.
4. The Promotion will run from 11/12/20 to midnight on 14/12/20 inclusive.
5. All entries must be received by the Promotor by no later than midnight on the Closing Date. All competition entries received after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified.
6. Promotion limited to one entry per person. No entrant will win more than one prize.
7. By submitting an entry to the Promotor, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
8. Responsibility will not be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entries will become the property of the Promoter.
9. The prize is a three course dinner for two with bottle wine and welcome cocktails at The Mill Restaurant. There will be one winner.
10. All prizes will be subject to any additional terms and conditions of the supplier of the prize to the Promoter.
11. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage or consequential damage of any nature in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise caused by the acceptance of the terms and conditions or in connection with the prize.
12. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
13. The winners will be notified by email. The winner must claim the prize within 30 days of the notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with the Promotion rules.
14. The promoters’ decision is final and binding in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. The winners’ details (name and county) will be made available on The Irish Times website.
16. The winner may be required to participate in unpaid publicity arising from this promotion.
17. The Promotor will only process your personal information as set out in https://www.irishtimes.com/policy-and-terms/privacy-policy and as set out in these terms and conditions.
18. Prizes are non transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
19. These terms and conditions shall be governed by Irish law and the Courts of the Republic of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
20. Promoter and Data Controller: The Irish Times DAC, The Irish Times Building, P.O. Box 74, 24 - 28 Tara Street, Dublin 2.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel or amend the Promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.