Chunky oven pollock fingers
Home-made fish fingers have more fish, more flavour and more crunch than shop bought ones and are well worth the extra effort
- Serves: 4
- Cooking Time: 30 mins
- Course: Main Course
- Cuisine: Irish
- 2 Pollock fillets (skinned)
- 70 g flour, seasoned
- 100 g white breadcrumbs (or panko)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
– Cut the fish into strips down the fillet, following the natural lines of the fish. The strips should be approximately 1in wide and 3-4in long. Sprinkle some salt onto the fish.
– Put the flour into a shallow bowl and season with salt and pepper. Put the breadcrumbs or panko into another shallow bowl, and beat the eggs in an additional bowl.
– Dip each finger into the seasoned flour, coating it well, then the beaten egg, and finally the breadcrumbs.
– Dip each piece in that order keeping one hand for the dry and the other for the wet ingredients (Or at this point you can freeze them in layers of baking parchment in an airtight container). Lay on a roasting tray lined with greaseproof paper that has been brushed lightly with vegetable oil. Roast in a hot oven for 12-15 minutes until crisp and golden.
– Carefully remove from the pan and serve with tartare sauce or simply mayo with a good squeeze of lemon.