1. Mix the bulgur wheat with the oil, spices and salt in a large heatproof bowl or saucepan. Add the hot stock or water, cover with a lid or plate and leave to absorb the water for five-10 minutes. Fluff up the bulgur wheat with a fork and allow to cool.
2. Once the bulgur is cooled, add the herbs and lemon juice.
3. Cut the chicken thighs into 3-4cm cubes and add to a medium bowl. Add the remaining ingredients. If you have time, allow the chicken to marinate in the fridge for an hour before threading the chicken pieces on to skewers.
4. In a medium bowl, mix the sliced vegetables with the oil and salt.
5. Heat a barbecue or grill pan and cook the chicken skewers and vegetables for 15 to 20 minutes, turning two or three times, until the vegetables are charred and the chicken is cooked through.
6. Add most of the grilled vegetables to the bulgur wheat and mix. Spoon into a large, wide bowl or platter and arrange the remaining vegetables on top. Serve the skewers on the side or remove the chicken from the skewers and place on top of the veg. Garnish with parsley and coriander leaves.