The beloved Rathmines & Rathgar Musical Society return to the National Concert Hall, with Gilbert and Sullivan’s greatest comic opera, ‘The Mikado’. The opera remains the duo’s most popular work and is a firm favourite with Irish audiences. The satire of politics and institutions of state is as relevant today, as when it was first penned in 1885.
This production is bound to be one of the highlights of the Autumn season at the National Concert Hall. Fully staged landmark production, merging tradition with innovation. An evening of wonderful singing and comedy is guaranteed, with the cream of Irish talent and full orchestra.
Garry Mountaine returns to direct this glorious production, with the orchestra under the baton of Gearoid Grant. Choreography will be by Marina Kiely, with Jackie Curran-Olohan as chorus master.
Nightly from November 8th to 12th, including Saturday matinee.
If you would like to win four tickets for you and your guests to “The Mikado” answer the question below. Good luck!
This competition is now closed.
Terms & Conditions
1. The promotion is open to residents of Ireland aged 18 years or over except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
2. A valid entry consists of a correct answer entered in the form above, accompanied by the entrant’s name, email address and a phone number.
3. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete, illegible, or corrupted entries will be accepted. No entries not in accordance with the entry instructions will be accepted.
4. The Promotion will run from 26/10/2022 to midnight on 04/10/2022 inclusive.
5. All entries must be received by the Promotor by no later than midnight on the Closing Date. All competition entries received after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified.
6. Promotion limited to one entry per person. No entrant will win more than one prize.
7. By submitting an entry to the Promotor, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
8. Responsibility will not be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entries will become the property of the Promoter.
9. The prize is four tickets to “The Mikado” on the 11th of November 2022. There will be three winners.
10. All prizes will be subject to any additional terms and conditions of the supplier of the prize to the Promoter. These tickets can be used only on the 11th of November 2022 and cannot be refunded or redeemed for cash.
11. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage or consequential damage of any nature in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise caused by the acceptance of the terms and conditions or in connection with the prize.
12. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
13. The winners will be notified by email. The winner must claim the prize within 30 days of the notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with the Promotion rules.
14. The promoters’ decision is final and binding in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. The winners’ details (name and county) will be made available on The Irish Times website.
16. The winner may be required to participate in unpaid publicity arising from this promotion.
17. The Promotor will only process your personal information as set out in https://www.irishtimes.com/policy-and-terms/privacy-policy and as set out in these terms and conditions.
18. Prizes are non transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
19. These terms and conditions shall be governed by Irish law and the Courts of the Republic of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
20. Promoter and Data Controller: The Irish Times DAC, The Irish Times Building, P.O. Box 74, 24 - 28 Tara Street, Dublin 2.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel or amend the Promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.