Voting in this competition has now closed.
The audience-choice award will be presented on the evening of the Irish Times Irish Theatre Awards ceremony.
Everyone who voted will be in with a chance to win an overnight break at Butler House in Kilkenny, courtesy of Ireland’s Blue Book, and a festival pass for the winner and one guest giving full access to the 2023 Dublin Theatre Festival.
The shortlist for the Irish Times Theatre Awards audience choice prize
(Productions are listed in alphabetical order)
- A Whistle in the Dark, Abbey Theatre
- Accents, Project Arts Centre and Kate Ferris in association with Mermaid Arts Centre
- An Octoroon, Abbey Theatre
- Big Man, Lyric Theatre Belfast
- Breath, Carpet Theatre
- Constellations, The Gate Theatre
- Don Pasquale, Irish National Opera
- Go to Blazes, CoisCéim Dance Theatre
- Good Sex, Dead Centre
- Heaven, Fishamble: the New Play Company
- Into the Woods, Northern Ireland Opera
- Joyce’s Women, Edna O’Brien
- Lalla-Roukh, Wexford Festival Opera
- Letters of a Country Postman, The Everyman
- Lie Low, supported by the MAC Theatre, Belfast, developed at FRINGE LAB and presented in association with An Táin Arts Centre
- Lost Lear, Dan Colley, Riverbank Arts Centre and Mermaid Arts Centre
- Love Songs, Company Philip Connaughton, in association with Once Off Productions, Project Arts Centre, and Cork Opera House
- Minimal Human Contact, Aisling Ghéar Theatre Company
- Morrigan, Cork Opera House and John O’Brien
- Mustn’t Forget High Noon, Christine, Twinkletoes, Abbey Theatre
- No Magic Pill, Mitzi D’Alton and Christian O’Reilly in association with Town Hall Theatre, the Civic Theatre and Dublin Theatre Festival
- Oliver Cromwell is Really Very Sorry, Xnthony
- Orfeo ed Euridice, Blackwater Valley Festival Opera
- Party Scene: Chemsex, Community and Crisis, thisispopbaby, Philip Connaughton
- Portia Coughlan, Abbey Theatre
- Propaganda: A New Musical, Lyric Theatre with the Belfast Ensemble
- Semele, Opera Collective Ireland and Kilkenny Arts Festival with Akademie für Alte Musik Berlin in partnership with Sestina
- Shit, thisispopbaby
- Tarry Flynn, Livin’ Dred Theatre Company
- The Half Moon, Green Shoot Productions
- The Last Return, The Druid Theatre Company
- The Realistic Joneses, Gare St Lazare Ireland and Rubicon Theatre, Ventura in association with Laguna Playhouse, California
- The Spin, Corcadorca Theatre Company with the support of Backstage Theatre, Longford
- The Steward of Christendom, The Gate Theatre
- The Tempest, Rough Magic Theatre Company and Kilkenny Arts Festival
- The Tin Soldier, The Gate Theatre and Theatre Lovett
Terms & Conditions
- The winning nominator will win an overnight trip with breakfast and dinner to Butler House, Kilkenny, for themself and one guest courtesy of from Ireland’s Blue Book and a season pass for the winner and one guest to the 2023 Dublin Theatre Festival.
- The season pass to the 2023 Dublin Theatre Festival only entitles you to two complimentary tickets per show and access to Priority Booking. The season pass is valid across all Dublin Theatre Festival productions, excluding The Abbey and Gate Theatre, The Ark and venues outside the city centre.
- The winner will be contacted directly via email by Ireland’s Blue Book and Dublin Theatre Festival.
- The promoter is The Irish Times DAC, The Irish Times Building, 24-28 Tara Street, Dublin 2.
- The competition is open to residents of the island of Ireland aged 18 years or over except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
- Employees or agents of The Irish Times, and their families or other persons connected with this promotion are not eligible to enter
- A valid entry consists of a vote in a minimum of one category accompanied by the entrant’s name and email address.
- One entry per unique email address only.
- Responsibility will not be accepted for entries lost, damaged, or delayed. Proof sending is not proof of receipt. Entries will become the property of the Promoter.
- The promoters’ decision is final and binding in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The promoters reserve the right to change any aspect of the prize.
- The prize will be subject to any additional terms and conditions of the suppliers of the prize.
- The promoters are excluded from liability for any loss, damage or injury which might occur to the winner arising from his or her acceptance of the prize
- The winners will be the person who has answered the question on the entry form correctly and in the opinion of the judges completes the tiebreaker in the most apt or original way. The decision of the Judges is final, and no correspondence will be entered into. The panel of judges will include at least one member who is independent of the Promoter.
- The winner may be required to participate in unpaid promotional related publicity undertaken by the promoter or is associated companies.
- Entry to this promotion shall be deemed full and unconditional acceptance of the terms & conditions.
- The promoters reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of Ireland and subject to the jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
Competition closes at 23:59 on Friday, February 24th, 2023.