Curried carrot, apricot and green chilli fritters
- Serves: 4
- Cooking Time: 45 mins
- Course: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Asian
- 400g peeled and grated carrot
- ½ tsp salt
- 125g gram flour (chick pea flour)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 6 dried apricots, finely sliced
- 1 medium green chilli, deseeded and finely diced.
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp black onion seeds (optional)
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander (including stalks)
- Vegetable oil for frying
1 Put the carrots in a large bowl then add the salt and mix well. Leave to stand for 30 minutes to draw the water out of the carrots.
2 Add the rest of the ingredients. It’s best to do this by hand and work all the ingredients together. It’s good to do a bit of squishing.
3 If it seems dry, add a splash or two of cold water to bring it together and so there is no excess flour.
4 Deep fry rough tablespoon-sized nuggets in batches at 180 degrees, until golden brown. Keep one batch warm in the oven until you wait for the other to cook.