Cooking Time: 50 mins
Prep Time: 10 mins
- 1 whole chicken
- 150ml cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Remove the backbone of the chicken by cutting down each side of the backbone with scissors or a knife.
- In a bowl, mix together the cider vinegar, olive oil, minced garlic, paprika, dried thyme, dried oregano, salt and black pepper.
- Place the spatchcocked chicken in a dish, skin side up, and pour the marinade over it, making sure the chicken is well coated. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least two hours, or overnight for best results.
- Roast the chicken in a preheated oven (210 degrees) for about 45-50 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 75 degrees when measured with a thermometer.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for 15 minutes before carving.
Find more of Gráinne O’Keefe’s spring recipes here.