Six people have been hospitalised on Saturday evening with injuries after a fire broke out at a homeless hostel in Dublin city centre.
The blaze erupted at a property on Little Britain Street, Dublin 1, at about 6pm this evening, according to gardaí, who added the injured were brought to the nearby Mater Hospital for treatment.
The fire was extinguished by Dublin Fire Brigade, and the scene was being preserved to allow for a technical examination to be conducted.
Inquiries are ongoing, gardaí added.
Dublin Fire Brigade tweeted: “We’ve finished on scene following a building fire in the city centre off Capel Street. Firefighters were called shortly before 6pm and in total six units attended the incident. A number of patients were treated at scene before removal to hospital.”