Halloumi and garlic-dressed vegetables with quinoa
- Serves: 4
- Cooking Time: 40 mins
- Course: Main Course
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- 4 raw beetroot, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into similar-sized chunks as the beetroots
- 4 red onions, thickly sliced into wedges
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 200g quinoa
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 2 x 250g packs of halloumi, each block cut into 6 slices
- Chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- For the dressing:
- 1 garlic bulb
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp clear honey
1. Preheat an oven to 180 degrees Celsius or equivalent.
2. Put the beetroot, sweet potatoes and red onions on a large roasting tray. Cut the top off the garlic bulb and drizzle with a little of the olive oil, then pop it onto the roasting tray too. You’ll be using this later for the dressing.
3. Season the vegetables and pour the remaining oil over them. Roast in the oven for about 40 minutes, turning the vegetables halfway through.
4. Meanwhile, put the quinoa and stock in a pot over a high heat. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover the pot with a lid and simmer for 15 minutes. Drain the quinoa and return to the pot, off the heat, and fluff up with a fork.
5. When the vegetables are done, set the garlic bulb aside and stir the roasted veg through the quinoa.
6. Put a cast iron griddle pan over a high heat. Add the halloumi slices and grill for 1 minute on each side.
7. To make the dressing, squeeze the roasted garlic from the bulb into a small bowl. Add the extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and honey and whisk to combine.
8. To serve, divide the veggie quinoa between plates. Top with the grilled halloumi, then pour over the dressing. Garnish with a little chopped fresh parsley.