- 150g wild garlic (1 large handful)
- 70g flaked almonds, toasted (you can also use toasted sunflower seeds, cashew nuts or pine nuts)
- 80g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 300ml olive oil
- Lemon juice, optional
- Sea salt & black pepper
- 1 loaf soda bread, sliced
- 1 fresh burrata
- 200g smoked salmon or trout
- 1tbs olive oil
- 1tsp hot sauce
1. Wash the wild garlic leaves well and gently pat them dry with a tea towel or dry in a salad spinner.
2. Blitz the wild garlic in a food processor until fairly smooth. You may need to add some of the oil to get it moving. Add the toasted flaked almonds and the Parmesan.
3. Pour in the oil as it blends. It’s nice to leave some texture so don’t blitz it all too finely. Add salt and a spritz of lemon juice to taste if it needs it. Do season it very well, though.
4. Pour into jars and top with oil if not eating right away.
5. Toast the soda bread. Spread each slice with a little pesto, top with the smoked salmon and a little burrata. Mix the oil and hot sauce together, then drizzle it over the toast. Serve right away.