1. Drain one tin of beans. Place them in a bowl along with the other tin of beans and their liquid. Blitz together till quite smooth. This can be done in a food processor or by using a stick blender for less washing up. Set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a heavy based, medium sized pan. Add the diced onion and cook low and slowly so they sweeten and soften. After five minutes, add the smoked paprika and cumin, along with the salt. Stir and heat for two minutes before adding the puréed beans. Stir gently then lower the heat and reduce for 10-15 minutes. Stir constantly and keep the heat low as beans can stick and burn easily. Set aside and keep it warm.
3. Make the pico de Gallo by mixing the diced tomatoes, onion, coriander, jalapeños and lime juice. Season with salt to taste. Set aside.
4. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a frying pan over a high heat. Shave the kernels from the corn by standing it in a bowl at a slight angle and running a knife down. Tip the kernels into the pan and allow to char for three minutes before stirring and cook for another two minutes. Set aside.
5. To assemble, fry the corn tortillas in a little oil over a high heat till nicely coloured. Lay them on a serving platter and top with a dollop of refried beans, pico de Gallo and charred corn. Squeeze over some lime and add a dollop of hot sauce and sour cream. Serve right away.