Donald Clarke's Weekly Movie Quiz
1 Combine a popular musical with a rock to create an Oscar-winning director.
2 Which French actor has just become a Russian?
3 Name the actors kissing at the Academy Awards (pictured).
4 Who played Glenn Miller, Charles Lindbergh and Wyatt Earp?
5 Which member of U2 makes his acting debut on Irish screens this week?
6 For what does AMPAS stand?
7 Tom Cruise, Eric Bana, Harrison Ford, Jeremy Irvine, Daniel Day-Lewis (in that order). What are we talking about?
8 Which 1952 film follows the careers of Don Lockwood and Cosmo Brown?
9 Whose unreleased, virtually unseen directorial debut is called My Best Friend’s Birthday?
10 What links Ang Lee (2012), Deepa Mehta (2012), Gillian Armstrong (1997) and Steven Spielberg (1993)?
1. Oliver Stone
2. Gerard Depardieu
3. Halle Berry and Adrien Brody
4. Jimmy Stewart (The Glenn Miller Story, The Spirit of St Louis, Cheyenne Autumn)
5. Larry Mullen
6. Association of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
7. Lead actors in the most recent Steven Spielberg films (War of the Worlds, Munich, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Warhorse, Lincoln)
8. Singin’ in the Rain
9. Quentin Tarantino
10. Directed films based on Booker Prize-winning novels (Life of Pi, Midnight’s Children, Oscar and Lucinda, Schindler’s List)