- The promoters are The Irish Times Limited, The Irish Times Building, 24-28 Tara Street, Dublin 2.
- The prize to be awarded is a cash prize of €400 , the story will be printed in The Irish Times and the winner receive the original artwork by Sean Hillen that accompanies the story’s publication.
- Employees or agents of The Irish Times, and their families or other persons connected with this promotion are not eligible to enter.
- No purchase is necessary to enter this promotion.
- A valid entry via this page consists of a “short fiction” between 1500-3000 words, accompanied by the entrant’s name, address, email address and daytime telephone number.
- Entries are strictly limited to one story per author.
- In submitting an entry, the entrant guarantees that the story submitted is wholly his or her own original work.
- Readers should submit a piece of original fiction inspired by the events of the last five years in Ireland.
- The competition is open to previously published writers as well as new writers, but the submitted story should not itself have been published in any form.
- Entries may only be submitted through the online form available at www.irishtimes.com/legendsofthefall no later than 9am on Tuesday September 3rd 2013. The promoter cannot accept responsibility for submissions that are lost, damaged or delayed because of a problem with the network, computer hardware or software. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
- Entries submitted by email, post or by hand will not be accepted.
- The promoter’s decision is final and binding in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The judging process will be carried out by a panel made up of individuals nominated by The Irish Times.
- The promoter reserves the right to change any aspect of the prize.
- The promoter is excluded from liability for any loss, damage or injury which might occur to the winner arising from his or her acceptance of the prize.
- The winner may be required to participate in unpaid promotional related publicity undertaken by the promoter or its associated companies. The winner must be available for a photo and willing to have his / her photo published by The Irish Times.
- Entry is for people of 18 years of age and over.
- The winner will retain the copyright but grant The Irish Times a perpetual non-exclusive royalty-free license to publish, broadcast (across all media) and post the entry in print and online and on any other platforms yet to be envisaged.
- Entry to this promotion shall be deemed full and unconditional acceptance of the terms & conditions.
- The promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of Ireland and subject to the jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
- This competition is open from 12:01am on 28/7/2013 and closes at 9am on 3/9/2013.
Most Read in Culture
‘I’m blonde, I’ve long hair, and when they see me walk in they think, OMG, this is a $500,000 recording project’
Aiden O’Reilly: ‘Authors play a curious role within the industry, having very little power yet being the most publicly visible part’