Readership & Circulation
|Current Adult Readership||321||100|
|3rd Level Education||210||65|
|Five Main Cities||172||53|
Source: JNRS/MBL 2012
|Irish Times Print & Digital Editions||90,633|
Source: ABC Jul-Dec 2012
|Cumulative Readership||1 Insert||3 Inserts||6 Inserts||10 Inserts|
Source: JNRS/MBL 2012
Readership & Circulation Downloads
- The Irish Times has more Dublin readers than any other Irish morning title.
- 66% of Irish Times readers (212,000 people) read no other paid-for Irish daily newspaper.
- The Irish Times has a higher percentage of ABC1 readers than any other Irish daily newspaper.
|Page impressions per month||43.6 million|
|Unique users per month||3.5 million|
Source: Google Analytics January 2013
- 484,000 people regularly visit irishtimes.com.
- 65% of regular visitors to the site are ABC1.
- 50% are educated to third/postgraduate level.
- 81% are home owners.
- 59% are employed (full/part time).
- 33% of those working full-time are managers/senior executives/senior management in their occupation.
- 47,000 regular visitors are at a senior level in their workplace and have/share purchasing power within their organisation.
- The average pre-tax personal income of those working full time is €51,329 compared to the national average of €40,799.
Lifestyle & Attitudes
- In 2013, 30% of irishtimes.com regular visitors travelled by air for business purposes.
- 17% stayed in a hotel for business purposes.
- 27% (132,000) look with interest at advertising for financial services (70% more likely than average).
- 90% have a household car.
- 56% holidayed abroad.
- 188,000 regular visitors have a pre-tax family income of €60,000+.
- On average, regular visitors to irishtimes.com spent €17,756 on their last main car, compared to a population average of €14,246.
- Regular visitors spent an average of €1,890 on their last holiday, compared to a population average of €1,567.
- Regular visitors spend €8.83 on a normal bottle of wine for home consumption, compared to a population average of €8.24.
- 123,000 regular visitors have additional investments in the form of stocks/shares/unit trusts/investment trusts (96% more likely than the average Irish adult).
Our Audience Online
- 210,000 regular visitors downloaded a newspaper app in the last 12 months (193% more likely than the average Irish adult).
- 145,000 own a tablet (44% more likely than the average Irish adult).
- Our regular visitors are 64% more likely on average to shop for groceries online.
- 32% of regular visitors (154,000) are in the heaviest group of Internet users in the population (top 20%).
- 182,000 regular visitors use the Internet regularly for social networking (e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook etc.).
Source: TGI ROI Survey 2012
General Advertising Enquiries
Tel: +353 1 675 8585
Please click here for a full list of contacts.