Transparency and top-ups
  • Health
  • December 4, 2013, 01:00

The public deserves clear unambiguous answers on top-ups paid to senior personnel within voluntary hospitals and health agencies. The issues include (...)

Minister for Health Dr James Reilly who said there is no documentation to suggest the HSE had agreed to top up payments made to Central Remedial Clinic executives. Photograph: The Irish Times

Minister for Health James Reilly has said there is no documentation to suggest that the HSE agreed to top-up payments made to Central Remedial Clinic (...)

Former CRC chairman Des Peelo: said  that “two of the very top people” in the HSE attended a meeting in June 2009 at which top-up payments for nine senior figures were agreed. Photograph: Bryan O’Brien

Minister for Health James Reilly has dismissed claims by the Central Remedial Clinic (CRC) that it had an agreement with the Health Service Executive (...)

Former chair of the Central Remedial Clinic, Des Peelo, has claimed that two of the “very top people” in the HSE attended a meeting in 2009 at which so-called top-ups being paid to senior staff were agreed to. Photograph: Bryan O’Brien

The HSE has said that top-up payments for the chief executive and other senior staff in the Central Remedial Clinic (CRC) were “not at any stage agree(...)

Former chief whip and minister for defence Vincent Brady said controversy over the top-up payments had been “hijacked” by politicians

A former Fianna Fáil cabinet minister has said he will not resign from the board of the Central Remedial Clinic (CRC) over revelations that public don(...)

Dr James Reilly:  decided to stick with proposed new rates for private patients treated in public hospital from the beginning of next year  which would see insurers charged €1,000 a night for subscribers accommodated in a single room in a public teaching hospital

Health insurers have warned that subscribers will face even higher increases in premiums from January on foot of a Government announcement on private (...)

It has been reported that the HSE director general Tony O’Brien had told the Minister in a letter accompanying the plan that proposed spending cuts on the medical card scheme was being taken “against the advice of the HSE and the Department of Health”.

The Government has abandoned plans to seek more than €100 million from the health insurance industry in “accelerated payments” this year.The payment o(...)

The mobility grant and motorised allowance schemes were stopped after a report from former ombudsman Emily O’Reilly deemed that were being operated illegally by the Health Service Executive and the Department of Health because they discriminated on age grounds. Photograph: Cyril Byrne

A new travel subsidy for people with disabilities being discussed by the Government could see recipients of the payment regularly reviewed.Proposals f(...)

Minister for Health Dr James Reilly.

The director general of the HSE Tony O’Brien has told the Government that deep cuts that are to be implemented in spending on medical card services ne(...)

Department of Health files said the master of the National Maternity Hospital received a “privately- funded allowance” of €45,000. Photograph: Bryan O’Brien

Two weeks into the controversy over top-up payments, much has been learned about the unconventional remuneration arrangements some voluntary hospitals(...)

  • « First
  • Prev
  • 336
  • 337
  • 338
  • 339
  • 340
  • 341
  • 342
  • Next
  • Last »