It’s that time of year again when the coats are coming out and getting dry-cleaned. Apparently, it’s all about slow fashion now. Gone are the days of (...)
1. Place a large, heavy-based saucepan over a high heat and add the oil. Next add the onion, carrots, and celery, turn the heat down and sauté gently (...)
1. Add two tablespoons of vegetable oil to a medium pan. Add your onion, celery and garlic. Add a pinch of salt and sweat the vegetables for five minu(...)
There’s something of an autumnal feel in the air. The kids are back to school, and there is more than the occasional shower of our special side-ways r(...)
1. Add all of the ingredients into a large, heavy-based saucepan and set over a high heat.
2. When the jam starts to bubble turn it down to a medium (...)
I’m a big Seamus Heaney fan, and Blackberry Picking is one of my all-time favourite poems. The last line, “Each year I hoped they’d keep, knew they wo(...)
1 Combine the flour, yeast, sugar and salt in a large mixing bowl or mixer.
2 Add the oil and water and, once fully combined into the dry mix, move t(...)
1. Preheat an oven to 180 degrees Celsius, or equivalent.
2. Put all ingredients in a large sheet pan or roasting dish.
3. Coat generously in the ol(...)
1. Add the oil to a large saucepan set over a medium heat.
2. Once the oil has heated up, add the fennel seeds and bay leaves. Cook for two minutes, (...)
This may seem corny (excuse the pun), but it’s coming up to harvest season, and when I think of harvest it always puts me in mind of misty mornings, a(...)
Connect with The Irish Times