A man who died from carbon monoxide poisoning caused by a kitchen fire had previously taken out his fire alarm because it was ‘buzzing’, an inquest ha(...)

Marsha Mehran lived a reclusive life, an inquest heard

A coroner in Co Mayo has recorded an open verdict at an inquest into the death of an Iranian novelist at a rented apartment in Co Mayo.Marsha Mehran ((...)

Clare Island: this is believed to be the first inquest held on the island. Photograph: Getty

The widow of a man who died in a house fire on Clare Island in Co Mayo last March, has described as a form of “discrimination” the lack of appropriate(...)