Maxol M3 Mulhuddart: the forecourt retailer currently generates about 60 per cent of its turnover from fuel sales with the remaining 40 per cent coming from food services

Forecourt operator Maxol is to invest €100 million in upgrading its service station network in the Republic as it shifts the focus of the business fro(...)

Ibec’s CEO Danny McCoy to speak at the Convenience Retailer Summit. Photograph: Nick Bradshaw

Monday Results: Amryt Pharma. Indicators: Irish Exchequer returns (August); Euro zone PPI (July); UK construction PMI (August). Meetings: Busines(...)

New Retail Ireland chairman Willie O’Byrne:  “The industry is facing a number of challenges which we as an organisation must address immediately.” Photograph: Shane O’Neill/Fennells

Willie O’Byrne, managing director of BWG Foods, has been elected as the new chairman of Retail Ireland, a body affiliated to employers’ group Ibec. M(...)

 Maxol is  examining the possibility of expanding its Moreish deli chain into so-called “dry sites” – traditional retailing locations not located on garage forecourts. Photograph: Peter Houlihan

Maxol, the forecourts network owned by the McMullan family, wants to transform itself into “a fresh foods business with fuel attached” as it expands (...)

Maxol incoming group chief executive Brian Donaldson said the year will be ‘particularly exciting’

Oil company Maxol has been cleared by the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (CCPC) to buy three service stations formerly owned by Esso. (...)