Firemen at the Connemara Lake Hotel, Oughterard, Co Galway, following the death of a woman. Photograph: Joe O’Shaughnessy.

Gardaí and the Health and Safety Authority (HSA) are awaiting the results of a postmortem carried out on Tuesday on the body of a 64-year-old woman w(...)

Two women, aged 82 and 92, are recovering at Cork University Hospital after suffering suspected carbon monoxide poisoning from a wood burning stove at their home in Blarney Street on the northside of Cork city. Photograph: Patrick Hogan/Provision

Householders have been reminded of the importance of fitting carbon monoxide detectors in their homes after two elderly sisters were exposed to the ga(...)