1. Cut the monkfish into large chunks. Finely chop the ginger, galangal, turmeric, garlic, lemongrass and chilli, or alternatively grind them to a pas(...)
I’ve always thought of plaice as a totally underrated fish. It has beautiful rusty red spots, and it is so sweet and tender, mostly because it dines p(...)
1. Cut the fish into strips down the fillet, following the natural lines of the fish. The strips should be approximately 1in wide and 3-4in long. Spri(...)
1. Mix the polenta with the garlic powder and season with salt and pepper. Roll the plaice fillets in the polenta and set aside.
2. Heat a frying pan(...)
1. Soak the skewers or the rosemary springs in water and thread the marshmallows on to them.
2. Spread one side of each biscuit with a little Nutella(...)
1. Combine all the spices in a bowl and massage this into your lamb chops. Set the meat aside for eight to 24 hours in the fridge.
2. Grill the chops(...)
1. Place all the above ingredients, except the chicken, in a large bowl and whisk until well combined.
2. Add the drumsticks and marinate for 24 to 3(...)
I love barbecue season, though if I’m honest, it is mainly for the leftovers that I like it. Who doesn’t love a cold chicken drumstick?
I would consi(...)
1. First, make your cheesy filling by melting the butter in a small pan set over medium heat. Stir the flour into the melted butter and cook for about(...)
1. Chop all the vegetables except the watercress into similar sized little cubes.
2. In a saucepan on a medium heat, melt the butter and cook the veg(...)
Connect with The Irish Times