1. Combine all the spices in a bowl and massage this into your lamb chops. Set the meat aside for eight to 24 hours in the fridge.
2. Grill the chops(...)
1. Place all the above ingredients, except the chicken, in a large bowl and whisk until well combined.
2. Add the drumsticks and marinate for 24 to 3(...)
1. Chop all the vegetables except the watercress into similar sized little cubes.
2. In a saucepan on a medium heat, melt the butter and cook the veg(...)
1. Bring a large deep pan filled with water to the boil, add the vinegar and lower the heat right down.
2. Crack each egg into the pan carefully. Co(...)
Years ago, I worked on the cheese stall in the Galway farmers’ market. I had just got just set up when my good pal Gerry Flynn walked up to me and sai(...)
1. First, make your cheesy filling by melting the butter in a small pan set over medium heat. Stir the flour into the melted butter and cook for about(...)
Growing up in New Zealand and coming from a long line of hunter-gatherers meant I was always in the sea. This was pre-hipster, 1990s Jess. Things have(...)
I like to make this the day before I use it, but fresh is great too, and it lasts for ages. This should serve six to eight people so it really suits a(...)
First, make the court bouillon, or poaching liquid for the crab. Place all of the court bouillon ingredients in the largest pot you have and top up wi(...)
1. Drop about 30 cleaned prawns into a pot of boiling court bouillon liquid and turn off the heat. Let them cook, stirring occasionally, until they cu(...)
Connect with The Irish Times