Expressway

5 results

Bus Éireann’s acting chief executive Ray Hernan recently warned the company would be insolvent by the end of the current calendar year if losses continued at existing levels

The deficit at troubled Bus Éireann jumped sharply in the first two months of the year, rising 41 per cent to €2.2 million versus €1.5 million for the(...)

The NBRU said it was ’fully prepared to engage in an all-out strike’.  Photograph: Dara Mac Dónaill

Bus Éireann has proposed radical changes to staff earnings and work practices as well as redundancies and the closure of some routes and depots in a a(...)

Closing down the  Expressway service may be the only viable way to save Bus Éireann from  collapse. Photograph: Eric Luke

Staff in Bus Éireann are to be presented with a range of cost-saving proposals by management on Monday after the war of words over the future of the l(...)

Proposals to introduce a ban on staff overtime and to eliminate the carry-over of annual leave are a “sad reflection” on Bus Éireann management, a union has said.

Proposals to introduce a ban on staff overtime and to eliminate the carry-over of annual leave are a “sad reflection” on Bus Éireann management, a uni(...)

Minister for Transport Shane Ross said 28m people travelled on licensed bus services last year with over seven million travelling on Bus Éireann Expressway services. Photograph: The Irish Times

A consultative forum on the future of Bus Éireann’s Expressway service would be wrong in the current “heat of industrial disputes”, Minister for Trans(...)