Genesis Beijing report overview
KEY FINDINGS:Super-effective sports focus not in place.
- No real partnership between key stakeholders.
- Overall culture and attitude needs to be changed.
- Action is urgently needed if once-in-a-lifetime opportunity in London is to be realised.
- Quality of management, coaches, and performance system needs to be continuously challenged.
KEY RECOMMENDATIONS:Urgently establish a performance planning group involving all key stakeholders.
- OCI should be engaged and involved with National Federations.
- All stakeholders should be engaged in performance plans.
- Target specific sports with best chance of success.
- Create proper Talent ID leading to 2016 and 2020.
- Make Ireland a destination of choice for great coaches.