Coronavirus: The full list of new restrictions
Varadkar urges everyone to stay at home for two weeks except in limited circumstances
On Friday night, Taoiseach Leo Varadkar announced a range of new restrictions aimed at curbing the spread of coronavirus. From midnight until Easter Sunday, April 12th, everyone must stay at home except in the following circumstances:
- To travel to and from work for the purposes of work, only where the work is an essential health, social care, or other essential service that cannot be done from home (a list of these will be provided).
- To shop for food or household goods, or collect a meal.
- To attend medical appointments or collect medicines and other health products.
- For vital family reasons, such as providing care to children, elderly or vulnerable people.
- To take brief, individual physical exercise within 2km of your own home, which may include children from your own household, as long as you adhere to two-metre physical distancing.
- For farming purposes, that is food production and the care of animals.
Apart from the activities listed there should be no travel outside of 2km radius of your home for any reason.