‘I caught my 18-month-old with a bottle of limescale remover in her mouth’

Accidental poisoning is most likely to happen to children aged between one and four years old

Derek and Karen Power with their children Olivia and Thomas.

Derek and Karen Power with their children Olivia and Thomas.

Sitting on the bathroom floor rocking through a panic attack while reading the back of a limescale remover bottle was not my idea of a pleasant afternoon.

But, lo and behold, I caught my 18-month-old with the bottle in her month and the terrifying potential to ingest the toxic liquid. I had no idea how much she drank, if any, but erring on the side of caution, a visit to A&E was on the cards. Thankfully, poisoning was ruled out in my daughter’s case and I consider us lucky with a huge lesson learned.

Please subscribe or sign in to continue reading.
only €1 first month

Insightful opinion is just a away.