Six ways to spice up your Autumn/Winter wardrobe
It’s red alert for autumn-winter intentions, so why not add seasonal zest to your wardrobe
Fashion forward: A patrickcoat in moss green leopard print and an Aske rose print blouse are just two of the items capable of spicing up your wardrobe this autumn-winter season.
Can one single item refresh your wardrobe for winter and buck up the spirits for the dark days ahead? We’ve chosen six (with some suggested alternatives, not too fancy and not too pricey) that might not only chime with what you have already, but add seasonal dash in keeping with current trends.
l. Red is everywhere for autumn and winter, but choose your shade to match your skin tone with care – whether it’s magenta, burgundy, a blue-red, orange-red or coral. A red suit from Zara has cropped trousers (€69.95 and €39.95). For a lighter look there’s a pink Millie Mackintosh twosome from Asos (£100 and £70).
2. Earrings do wonders instead of a scarf and draw attention with shots of colour like these from Kenneth Jay Lane in Brown Thomas with a flash of red and green €60.
3. Boots either over the knee or to the ankle, like these zany silver flame and black numbers from Other Stories €125 (whose accessories are good quality and good value).
4. A winter coat that won’t date is always a challenge. But this number called Patrick in moss green leopard or yellow leopard will prowl through myriad seasons. It is from Shrimps, an innovative London label and costs €650. The more conservative might opt for a handsome black frock coat from Massimo Dutti €349.
5. This rose print blouse by Aske at Brown Thomas is €85 and might match your red jacket or trousers. Alternatively with embroidery, fringing and craft emphasis – very Gucci-esque at the moment – a decorative blouse from Zara €39.95 can, like the Aske, be worn with jeans or trousers and for added panache with sharp green satin ankle boots ( Zara €59.95).
6. Finally, still on red alert, this geometric structured leather shoulder bag is from Cos and has Cos’s typical off-centre look that is stylish, practical, chic and not too showy at €150.