YSL has it spot on with a holiday collection featuring flattering earth tones and shimmering lip shades, enlivened with vibrant blue. There’s versatility, too – Chromatic eye shadow sets can be used wet or dry for different effects. Azure blue adds the twist of bright in the form of eye pencil or mascara. With the success of the Forever Youth skincare launched earlier this year and the hotly anticipated Touch Éclat foundation about to hit the shelves, it’s been quite a year for the beauty branch of the French couture house.
He's Nailed it
Michelle Obama loves his dresses, now Thakoon Panichgul is branching into another area of design – with an upbeat nail polish collection for Nars. Inspired by the spice markets of India, the six shades are a line-up of brilliant brights that will zing on a sunny day. €18
I can't live without
Caoimhe Keane, Owner Que-Va Boutique
* Yoga – I miss it so much when I don’t get to do it. Yoga is uplifting and energising and gives me a good night’s sleep when I do it regularly.
* Aveda shampoo and conditioner, as my hair is really dry and needs lots of taming and repair work. I also love Aveda mascara; it’s so natural looking and doesn’t sting my eyes like other brands do.
* I suffer from very sensitive skin so I try to find products that are chemical-free. Trilogy rosehip oil is always in my handbag, and it works.
* Origins is a great foundation for light, everyday wear and a natural look. It also has SPF15, which is very important to me.
* Clarins tonic oil is my special treat and I think helped save me from stretch marks.
* My measuring tape is always in my handbag at the ready . . . It’s amazing how often I find I need it.
Bare feet and new sandals are sometimes not the best of friends and a foot pained with a blister will show on your face – not a good look. Step forward Compeed Blister Extreme, a honeycombed plaster that forms a flexible cushion so you can heal in comfort. €8.63 at pharmacies.