The Greatest Player Never to Play for Ireland
Are you the Greatest Player Never to Play for Ireland?
If so, you can win one of 15 limited edition, Ross O’Carroll-Kelly rugby jerseys, as well as a signed copy of the new Ross O’Carroll-Kelly book SEEDLESS IN SEATTLE!
Irish Times writer Ross O’Carroll-Kelly has often been described as the Greatest Irish Player to Never Actually Make it in the Game. But who are the others - and where are they now?
The Irish Times, Penguin Ireland and the Rossmeister himself are scouring the country to find the fifteen best rugby players who should have played for Ireland but never actually did.
Announcing the nationwide search, Ross said, 'Maybe your chance of glory was ended by injury, bad luck, or a coach - say, Warren Gatland, just for the sake of argument - who didn't like your play-hord, drink-hord, approach to the game. Or perhaps you have a teammate, friend, father, brother or sister who you feel never got the recognition they deserved from the I.R.F.U. Their time has finally come!'
'Whether you were abandoned by Ashton, dropped by Doyle or given the kibosh by Kidney, I want to hear your could-have-been-a-contender stories.'
Simply fill in your details below and tell us your story. The best XV will win something far more valuable than an international cap - a limited edition Best Player Never to Play for Ireland rugby jersey, as well as a signed copy of the new Ross O'Carroll-Kelly book, Seedless in Seattle.
- The promoters are The Irish Times Limited, The Irish Times Building, 24-28 Tara Street, Dublin 2 and Penguin Random House, 25 St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin 2.
- The competition is open to residents of the Republic of Ireland aged 18 years or over except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
- Employees or agents of The Irish Times, and their families or other persons connected with this promotion are not eligible to enter.
- One entry per unique email address only.
- To enter, individuals must tell us about the great rugby player never to play for Ireland.
- The prize consists of a limited edition Ross O’ Carroll Kelly rugby Jerseys and a signed copy of the new Ross O’ Carroll Kelly book Seedless in Seattle. 15 Individuals in total will receive this prize.
- Responsibility will not be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed. Proof sending is not proof of receipt. Entries will become the property of the Promoter.
- The promoters’ decision is final and binding in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The promoters reserve the right to change any aspect of the prize.
- The prize will be subject to any additional terms and conditions of the suppliers of the prize.
- The promoters are excluded from liability for any loss, damage or injury which might occur to the winner arising from his or her acceptance of the prize.
- The winner will be the person who in the opinion of the judges answers the question in the most apt or original way. The decision of the Judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The panel of judges will include at least one member who is independent of the Promoter.
- The winner may be required to participate in unpaid promotional related publicity undertaken by the promoter or is associated companies.
- Entry to this promotion shall be deemed full and unconditional acceptance of the terms & conditions.
- The promoters reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of Ireland and subject to the jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
- Competition closes at midnight on Sunday, October 4th.
- Winners will be contacted directly by email before 5pm on Friday, October 9th.