Win a festive afternoon tea for two at The Shelbourne
The Irish Times has teamed up with The Shelbourne to offer one lucky reader the chance to win a festive afternoon tea for two.
The Festive Afternoon Tea menu at The Shelbourne offers an array of finger sandwiches, including whiskey-cured smoked salmon with Lakeshore mustard on Guinness bread, roast turkey with light mayonnaise and onion stuffing in a poppy seed roll, cherry vine tomato with feta cheese on pumpkin bread and classic egg mayonnaise with cress on white loaf, along with delicious warm buttermilk scones with clotted cream and Shelbourne preserves, and warm homemade ginger bread.
The pastry chef elves have also been busy in their workshop creating an extra special selection of sweet festive treats such as a Red Velvet Trifle (hibiscus jelly, raspberry mousse, red velvet sponge, toasted meringue), Christmas Pudding (Earl grey, whiskey and fruit pudding with spiced chai custard), Christmas Tree (Baileys and mint mousse, dark chocolate shell with a light sponge base) and Christmas Log (Macaroon éclair, apricot jam, white chocolate cream and passion fruit gel).
Accompanied by a tea or coffee of choice from the selection of loose-leaf teas or menu of fine coffees, and available daily at The Shelbourne from December 1st until January 10th 2021, the Classic Festive Afternoon Tea is €62 per person and Champagne Festive Afternoon Tea is €79. The children’s Festive Afternoon Tea is also available for €30 per child with a selection of sandwiches including ham, cheese and Nutella, a chocolate brownie Santa’s Sleigh, a Christmas Tree made with strawberry mousse and more.
To find out more about The Shelbourne, click here.
This competition is now closed.
Terms & Conditions
1. The promotion is open to residents of the Republic of Ireland aged 18 years or over except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
2. A valid entry consists of a correct answer entered in the form above, accompanied by the entrant’s name, email address and a phone number.
3. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete, illegible, or corrupted entries will be accepted. No entries not in accordance with the entry instructions will be accepted.
4. The Promotion will run from 06/11/20 to midnight on 23/11/20 inclusive.
5. All entries must be received by the Promotor by no later than midnight on the Closing Date. All competition entries received after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified.
6. Promotion limited to one entry per person. No entrant will win more than one prize.
7. By submitting an entry to the Promotor, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
8. Responsibility will not be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entries will become the property of the Promoter.
9. The prize is a festive afternoon tea for two, the winner will receive a voucher that is valid for one year. There will be one winner.
10. All prizes will be subject to any additional terms and conditions of the supplier of the prize to the Promoter.
11. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage or consequential damage of any nature in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise caused by the acceptance of the terms and conditions or in connection with the prize.
12. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
13. The winners will be notified by email. The winner must claim the prize within 30 days of the notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with the Promotion rules.
14. The promoters’ decision is final and binding in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. The winners’ details (name and county) will be made available on The Irish Times website.
16. The winner may be required to participate in unpaid publicity arising from this promotion.
17. The Promotor will only process your personal information as set out in https://www.irishtimes.com/policy-and-terms/privacy-policy and as set out in these terms and conditions.
18. Prizes are non transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
19. These terms and conditions shall be governed by Irish law and the Courts of the Republic of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
20. Promoter and Data Controller: The Irish Times DAC, The Irish Times Building, P.O. Box 74, 24 - 28 Tara Street, Dublin 2.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel or amend the Promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.