Win a stay in The Shelbourne with lunch on their Champagne Terrace
The Irish Times has teamed up with The Shelbourne to offer one lucky reader the chance to win an overnight stay with lunch on the Champagne Terrace.
This summer sees The Terrace at The Shelbourne focus firmly on celebrating the finest things in life, with a new partnership with the hotel’s house Champagne, Laurent-Perrier.
The Champagne Terrace by Laurent-Perrier at The Shelbourne will be the perfect place to meet up and raise a glass, and those glasses will be full of delicious drinks showcasing this wonderful Champagne. Choose from a Laurent-Perrier flight for €50, featuring four fine Champagnes from this prestigious house, or from a selection of six different Pinktails from €16, each based on a Laurent-Perrier Champagne, or a selection of Laurent-Perrier by the glass or bottle from the carefully curated list.
As well as the regular Terrace menu, there will also be a special menu created by head chef Garry Hughes designed to complement and enhance the tasting experience, with sweet or savoury options available, all of which pair brilliantly with the Champagne offering. Savoury options include oysters, a charcuterie board and a seafood tower, and sweet option include chocolate dipped strawberries and an array of The Shelbourne’s gorgeous pâtisserie, including an éclair with white chocolate mousse and raspberry, an orange dome with praline cream, salted caramel sauce and Chantilly, and an elderflower panna cotta with rhubarb jelly, poached rhubarb, crème Anglaise and sable Breton.
Find out more here.
This competition is now closed.
Terms & Conditions
1. The promotion is open to residents of the Republic of Ireland aged 18 years or over except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
2. A valid entry consists of a correct answer entered in the form above, accompanied by the entrant’s name, email address and a phone number.
3. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete, illegible, or corrupted entries will be accepted. No entries not in accordance with the entry instructions will be accepted.
4. The Promotion will run from 14/05/2021 to midnight on 07/06/2021 inclusive.
5. All entries must be received by the Promotor by no later than midnight on the Closing Date. All competition entries received after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified.
6. Promotion limited to one entry per person. No entrant will win more than one prize.
7. By submitting an entry to the Promotor, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
8. Responsibility will not be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entries will become the property of the Promoter.
9. The prize is a midweek overnight stay in a Deluxe room in The Shelbourne, with lunch and a glass of Champagne each on their Champagne Terrace, available to book Sunday – Thursday. There will be one winner.
10. All prizes will be subject to any additional terms and conditions of the supplier of the prize to the Promoter.
11. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage or consequential damage of any nature in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise caused by the acceptance of the terms and conditions or in connection with the prize.
12. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
13. The winners will be notified by email. The winner must claim the prize within 30 days of the notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with the Promotion rules.
14. The promoters’ decision is final and binding in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. The winners’ details (name and county) will be made available on The Irish Times website.
16. The winner may be required to participate in unpaid publicity arising from this promotion.
17. The Promotor will only process your personal information as set out in https://www.irishtimes.com/policy-and-terms/privacy-policy and as set out in these terms and conditions.
18. Prizes are non transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
19. These terms and conditions shall be governed by Irish law and the Courts of the Republic of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
20. Promoter and Data Controller: The Irish Times DAC, The Irish Times Building, P.O. Box 74, 24 - 28 Tara Street, Dublin 2.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel or amend the Promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.