Win a pair of tickets to the Liam Miller Tribute Game in Páirc Uí Chaoimh.
The Irish Times is giving subscribers the chance to win a pair of tickets to the Liam Miller Tribute Game, 'Football greats united in Cork for Liam Miller' in Páirc Uí Chaoimh on Tuesday, September 25th 2018.
Two of the biggest and most storied clubs in world football, Manchester United and Celtic, have given their imprimatur to a once-off game in Cork featuring legends from both clubs in support of the late Liam Miller.
Miller, who passed away earlier this year at 36, played for United and Celtic during his football career, and will be honoured on a special day on his native Leeside, Tuesday September 25th.
United legends including Ryan Giggs, Nicky Butt, Ronny Johnsen, Paul Scholes, Denis Irwin, Jaap Stam, David May, Louis Saha and Rio Ferdinand will be led by former skipper Roy Keane as they go head-to-head at Turner’s Cross with Martin O’Neill’s combined Republic of Ireland-Glasgow Celtic selection featuring Robbie Keane, Damien Duff, Stephen Carr, Kevin Doyle, Keith Andrews, Kenny Cunningham, Kevin Kilbane, Stephen McPhail and Colin Healy.
United’s legendary manager Sir Alex Ferguson has been a pivotal figure in progressing the project until his untimely health problems – from which he has now thankfully recovered - temporarily stalled his direct involvement.
To be in with a chance of winning this great prize, simply complete the form and answer the competition question below.
Terms & Conditions
1. The promoters are The Irish Times DAC, The Irish Times Building, 24-28 Tara Street, Dublin 2.
2. The prize is a pair of tickets to the Liam Miller Tribute Game in Páirc Uí Chaoimh on Tuesday, 29th September 2018 with kick-off at 3pm. We have two pairs of tickets to giveaway.
3. Employees or agents of The Irish Times, and their families or other persons connected with this promotion are not eligible to enter.
4. Prize is as offered and no cash alternative will apply.
5. The prize is not transferable.
6. Entry is for people of 18 years of age and over.
7. A valid entry consists of a correct answer entered in the form above, accompanied by the entrant’s name, email address and a phone number.
8. Entries must be entered online in the form above.
9. Entries not submitted in accordance with these rules will be disqualified.
10. The promoters’ decision is final and binding in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. The promoters reserve the right to change any aspect of the prize.
12. The prize (in the case of event tickets) must be claimed at least one week before the scheduled start of the event, all other prizes must be claimed within six weeks of notification by The Irish Times or the competition partner.
13. The prize will be subject to any additional terms and conditions of the suppliers of the prize.
14. The promoters are excluded from liability for any loss, damage or injury which might occur to the winner arising from his or her acceptance of the prize.
15. The winner may be required to participate in unpaid promotional related publicity undertaken by the promoter or its associated companies.
16. Entry to this promotion shall be deemed full and unconditional acceptance of the terms & conditions.
17. The promoters reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions.
18. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Ireland and subject to the jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
20. Details of the competition winner will be published on The Irish Times website.
21. Competition ends Friday, 15th September 2018.