Win a pair of tickets to the Irish prèmiere of Pure as Snow at the IFI French Film Festival
The Irish Times and IFI are giving five lucky winners the chance to win a pair of tickets each to the Irish première of Pure as Snow at the 20th IFI French Film Festival on Sunday November 17th at 5.40pm, which will be followed by a Q&A with actor Vincent Macaigne.
Maud (Isabelle Huppert), stepmother to the beautiful young Claire (Lou de Laâge), is consumed by jealousy when she discovers that her own lover (Charles Berling) has fallen for her stepdaughter. Huppert’s brilliantly complex and ambiguous ‘Wicked Queen’ is equal parts attractive and diabolical, while a terrific male cast is led by Benoît Poelvoorde, Vincent Macaigne and Damien Bonnard. All the classic elements are in place in this thoroughly modern reimagining of Show White by prolific director Anne Fontaine – the red apples, the woods, the animals, the house in the forest, the number 7.
The 20th IFI French Film festival runs at the IFI in Temple Bar from November 13th - 24th with 28 features in total.
Find out more about the IFI French Film Festival here.
To enter, simply fill out the competition form below.
Terms & Conditions
1. The promoters are The Irish Times DAC, The Irish Times Building, 24-28 Tara Street, Dublin 2.
2. The prize is a pair of tickets to Pure as Snow on Sunday November 17th at 5.40pm
3. Employees or agents of The Irish Times, and their families or other persons connected with this promotion are not eligible to enter.
4. Prize is as offered and no cash alternative will apply.
5. The prize is not transferable and does not include transport to and from the Irish Film Institute
6. Entry is for people of 18 years of age and over.
7. A valid entry consists of a correct answer entered in the form above, accompanied by the entrant’s name, email address and a phone number.
8. Entries must be entered online in the form above.
9. Entries not submitted in accordance with these rules will be disqualified.
10. The promoters’ decision is final and binding in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. The promoters reserve the right to change any aspect of the prize.
12. The prize (in the case of event tickets) must be claimed at least one week before the scheduled start of the event, all other prizes must be claimed within six weeks of notification by The Irish Times or the competition partner.
13. The prize will be subject to any additional terms and conditions of the suppliers of the prize.
14. The promoters are excluded from liability for any loss, damage or injury which might occur to the winner arising from his or her acceptance of the prize.
15. The winner may be required to participate in unpaid promotional related publicity undertaken by the promoter or its associated companies.
16. Entry to this promotion shall be deemed full and unconditional acceptance of the terms & conditions.
17. The promoters reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions.
18. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Ireland and subject to the jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
20. Details of the competition winner will be published on The Irish Times website.
21. Competition ends midnight on Thursday, November 7th.