Win an overnight stay and dining experience at Carton House, A Fairmont Managed Hotel
Carton House, A Fairmont Managed Hotel is one of Ireland’s leading luxury resorts. Set on 1,100 acres of sweeping Kildare parkland Carton House has just re-opened its doors as Ireland’s first Fairmont hotel following an extensive 2 year restoration. When you arrive at Carton House, you enter a place rich with over three centuries of history, originally the home of the influential and aristocratic FitzGerald family.
To celebrate, Carton House are giving one lucky Irish Times subscriber a chance to win an overnight stay in a luxurious, modern room in the Garden Wing of the hotel with breakfast in The Morrison Room and lunch in Kathleen’s Kitchens, two of the resort’s newest eateries.
Carton House features a selection of unique dining experiences including the relaxed and casual atmosphere of Kathleen’s Kitchen, located in the original kitchens of The House, The Courtyard Bar, serving light bites alongside an impressive wine and cocktail list with an accompanying outdoor terrace for warm summer evenings, The Carriage House gastropub set in the original stables and The Morrison Room, the resort’s new fine dining evening restaurant located in one of the stunning original drawing rooms of The House.
There is something for everyone at Carton House with an extensive activity guide including guided whiskey tastings in the cosy book-lined Whiskey Library with its encyclopaedic selection of the world’s finest uisce beatha, a wine tasting in The Duke’s Rest, Afternoon Tea in the majestic surrounding of the Gold Salon overlooking the rose garden with the same breath-taking views that have captivated visitors for over 250 years.
To find out more about the wonderful summer offers available at Carton House, visit www.cartonhouse.com
Terms & Conditions
1. The promotion is open to residents of the Republic of Ireland aged 18 years or over except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
2. A valid entry consists of a correct answer entered in the form above, accompanied by the entrant’s name, email address and a phone number.
3. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete, illegible, or corrupted entries will be accepted. No entries not in accordance with the entry instructions will be accepted.
4. The Promotion will run from 11/06/2021 to midnight on 28/06/2021 inclusive.
5. All entries must be received by the Promotor by no later than midnight on the Closing Date. All competition entries received after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified.
6. Promotion limited to one entry per person. No entrant will win more than one prize.
7. By submitting an entry to the Promotor, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
8. Responsibility will not be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entries will become the property of the Promoter.
9. The prize is one night bed and breakfast for two people with lunch in Kathleen's Kitchen (midweek) in Carton House. There will be one winner. Not valid on Bak Holidays.
10. All prizes will be subject to any additional terms and conditions of the supplier of the prize to the Promoter.
11. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage or consequential damage of any nature in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise caused by the acceptance of the terms and conditions or in connection with the prize.
12. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
13. The winners will be notified by email. The winner must claim the prize within 30 days of the notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with the Promotion rules.
14. The promoters’ decision is final and binding in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. The winners’ details (name and county) will be made available on The Irish Times website.
16. The winner may be required to participate in unpaid publicity arising from this promotion.
17. The Promotor will only process your personal information as set out in https://www.irishtimes.com/policy-and-terms/privacy-policy and as set out in these terms and conditions.
18. Prizes are non transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
19. These terms and conditions shall be governed by Irish law and the Courts of the Republic of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
20. Promoter and Data Controller: The Irish Times DAC, The Irish Times Building, P.O. Box 74, 24 - 28 Tara Street, Dublin 2.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel or amend the Promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.