Movie quiz for March 31st
What’s done is done
1. Which British romantic comedy just got a sequel on Red Nose Day?
2. Combine a soft French cheese with the creator of The Far Side to create one of the era’s best young actresses.
3. What three words complete Teenage Werewolf, Male War Bride and Communist for the FBI?
4. “Oh, good. For a moment there I thought we were in trouble.” The last line of which hit western?
5. F Gary Gray, Steven Soderbergh, Abel Ferrara and Barry Sonnenfeld have all directed adaptations of whose work?
6. What links the words Kiss, Sleep, Eat, Couch and Horse?
7. What links Brian Fitzgerald, Dieter Dengler, Kaspar Hauser and Gertrude Bell?
8. Identify the film being made when this delightful photo was taken between takes.
9. Why might Hedy Lamarr, Fritz Lang, Christoph Waltz and Josef von Sternberg make you think of Ultravox?
10. Who is the only person missing from this list of (living) actors: Olivia De Havilland, Sally Field, Jane Fonda, Glenda Jackson, Hilary Swank?
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWERS
1. Love, Actually
2. Brie Larson (Gary Larson created the Far Side)
3. “I Was a…”
4. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
5. Elmore Leonard (Be Cool, Out of Sight, Catchaser, Get Shorty)
6. Titles of Andy Warhol films.
7. Heroes of Werner Herzog films (Fitzcarraldo, Rescue Dawn, The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser and Queen of the Desert)
8. Roman Polanski’s Macbeth
9. Because they were all born in Vienna
10. Meryl Streep. (Living women who have won two Oscars for best actress.)