Movie Quiz for March 22nd
This week’s quiz really works the grey cells with a series of particularly testing connections. Scroll carefully. Answers at the bottom.
1. Which superhero is about to be reinvented (yet again) in Man of Steel?
2. Who recently married a Mr Rocknroll?
3. Who is the man in the picture?
4. Who links (in this order) Alex, Barry, Jack, James and Bill?
5. Tony Richardson, John Krish, Charles Sturridge, Stephen Fry and Jullian Jarrold are (somewhat surprisingly) the only directors to have done what?
6. According to a crack by Mick Jagger, what is the only one of Martin Scorsese’s film not to feature “Gimme Shelter”?
7. Geena Davis has amnesia. Shane Black directs Robert Downey Jr. The first Alex Cross movie. Robert Aldrich tackles Mickey Spillane. What’s the link?
8. What links Vince Vaughn, Joseph Stefano and Douglas Gordon?
9. What connects the ends of Finding Nemo and Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy?
10. Butterfly, Where is Parsifal and Hot Money mark the end of what?
2. Kate Winslet
3. Ashton Kutcher (yes, as Steve Jobs in jOBS)
4. Stanley Kubrick (first name of the protagonists of his last five films)
5. Direct features based on Evelyn Waugh novels (The Loved One, Decline and Fall, A Handful of Dust, Bright Young Things (from Vile Bodies), Brideshead Revisited)
6. Shine a Light (the Rolling Stones concert documentary)
7. Kiss (The Long Kiss Goodnight, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Kiss the Girls, Kiss me Deadly)
8. Psycho (appeared in Gus Van Sant version, wrote Hitchcock version, created 24-Hour Psycho)
9. Feature the same tune (Beyond the Sea and La Mer)
10. Orson Welles’s acting career (not counting voice work or appearances as “himself”)