Chelsea eye Moses and Azpilicueta
CHELSEA appear to be getting closer to signing Wigan forward Victor Moses and Marseille right-back Cesar Azpilicueta.
Chelsea chief executive Ron Gourlay is said to have contacted Latics chairman Dave Whelan on Monday to discuss a fresh bid for Moses.
Marseille president Vincent Labrune, meanwhile, has told L’Equipe his side have received a “very serious” offer for Spaniard Azpilicueta.
Chelsea have already had a bid rejected for Moses, with Whelan said to be holding out for at least €10.7 million.
“I have spoken to Chelsea’s chief executive and they are easy to deal with. We have told them the price and they will come back and agree it or not,” said Whelan.
“We would much prefer the player to sign a new contract and stay but he wants to go to Chelsea and it’s a good club so we cannot stand in his way.”
Marseille sporting director Jose Anigo has already admitted the club may be forced to sell Azpilicueta to fund new signings.
Chelsea are also being linked with a renewed bid for Bayer Leverkusen’s Andre Schurrle having already spent almost €88 million in recent months.
Paris St Germain are in contact with Sao Paulo over the possible transfer of Lucas Moura.
Sao Paulo vice-president Joao Paulo de Jesus Lopes revealed the club’s former star player Leonardo – now PSG’s sporting director – had spoken to them over a possible deal, with the Brazilian side reportedly asking for around €44 million for the 19-year-old.
Lopes added the club had been “probed” by PSG over a move for Lucas, who is currently with the Brazilian squad at the Olympics.