All in the Game
– Catania president Antonino Pulvirenti on his Juventus counterpart after a meeting that sounded rather heated.
“Need to brush up on my French because this is getting ridiculous lol.”
– Monsieur Sammy Ameobi’s tweet on the Gallic invasion at Newcastle.
Quotes of the week II
“Hazard’s only crime is he hasn’t kicked him hard enough.”
– Joey Barton on ball-boy-gate.
“If I was a club president, I’d never employ him. A great boss like Lippi or Mourinho knows how to get their demands across . . .
“ Benitez wanted to put them all in writing, 10 or 12 rules – like the Highway Code, or being at school.”
– Marco Materazzi reminiscing fondly about his time under Rafa Benitez at Inter Milan.
“He’s lying. Marco Materazzi’s lying. He’s lying. Just lying. Everything he said is a lie. Everything that he talked about me . . . is a lie . . . He’s a liar. ”
– Benitez somewhat disputing the veracity of Materazzi’s remarks.
“How would I define myself? I’d avoid the word ‘traitor’ for a start. If you want, feel free to write I was naive, dumb or even an idiot.”
– Former Napoli goalkeeper Matteo Gianello being a little kind on himself after getting embroiled in a match-fixing scandal.
Number of the week
The number of goals Lionel Messi and Critisano Ronaldo scored in La Liga yesterday. Messi scored four in Barcelona’s 5-1 win at home to Osasuna, while Ronaldo hit a hat-trick in Real’s 4-0 win against Getafe.
Quote of the week
In the last year, 46 of the 92 managers have lost their jobs – that’s over half”
David Pleat. (Quote only included after calculator consulted).
Will you like this
Comeon Facebookers, help this fella out.
Bradford-born Melbourne resident David Bowers still needs another 560,000 likes, as of yesterday, if he’s going to make it to see his beloved Bradford City play Swansea in the League Cup final on February 24th. Mind you, if he’d put a quid on them winning the cup before the competition got under way, he’d have the trip paid for. Well, if they win. Their odds? 2,000 to 1.
Divil of the week
Reading’s French winger, Jimmy Kebe.
Tweet No 1:
“On my way to Newcastle, having medical then sign a 4 years contract. Thank you all for your support you’ve been outstanding!!!!”
Tweet No 2:
“Oups i thought if you’re french and play football u just pop in to Newcastle and sign a contract. Not a chance of leaving #LoveReading.”