Father-of-one Kenneth O’Brien was reported missing on the evening of 15th January.

A 48-year-old man has been remanded in custody charged with the murder of Kenneth O’Brien whose dismembered body was found in a suitcase in a canal in(...)

One man remains in custody in connection with the murder of Kenneth O’Brien (33) (left). Members of the Garda underwater unit who helped to recover Mr O’Brien’s torso from the Grand Canal in Co Kildare.

One man being questioned by gardaí in connection with the murder of Kenneth O’Brien last month has been released without charge after five days in cus(...)

Two men have been arrested in connection with the murder of Kenneth O’Brien (33) (left).  The  Garda underwater unit has being searching  a canal in Co Kildare for his remains.

Two men remain in custody in connection with the murder of Kenneth O’Brien whose dismembered remains were found dumped at a number of locations last m(...)

Mr Justice Mac Eochaidh: he gave Denis O’Brien’s side two weeks to provide affidavit

Red Flag Consulting has told the High Court it has concerns relating to custody of a USB computer memory stick at the heart of businessman Denis O’Bri(...)

Lawyers for Red Flag Consulting and Denis O’Brien have yet to agree on dates for exchanging legal documents. Photograph: Dara Mac Donaill/The Irish Times

Lawyers for Red Flag Consulting and Denis O’Brien have yet to agree on dates for exchanging legal documents necessary for the hearing of the businessm(...)

HSE director gereral Tony O’Brien at Leinster House, ahead of speaking to the Public Accounts Committee about the handling of abuse allegations surrounding a foster home in the southeast. Photograph: Leah Farrell/RolllingNews.ie

Three people, at a meeting in 1996, decided that a young woman with serious intellectual disabilities and who could not talk should stay in a foster h(...)

HSE director general  Tony O Brien arrives at Leinster House for a Public Accounts Committe meeting at Leinster House on Tuesday. Photograph: Gareth Chaney Collins

The HSE would not contest any claims for damages from families or individuals arising out of the manner in which they were allegedly cared for at a f(...)

 HSE director general Tony O’Brien  said Ann’s family had been encouraged to stop sending their daughter to the foster home from 2009 but were not told of the abuse concerns.

The HSE did not tell the family of a woman with severe intellectual disabilities of its concerns about a risk to her of sexual abuse at a foster home (...)

Minister of State at the Department of Health Kathleen Lynch discussed the case with HSE director general Tony O’Brien. Photograph: Cyril Byrne/The Irish Times

The Government is examining the establishment of a statutory commission of investigation into allegations of abuse at a foster home in the southeast. (...)

Topaz has more than 2,000 employees and close to 35 per cent of the consumer market in Ireland

The sale of fuel chain Topaz to the Canadian retailer Alimentation Couche-Tard has been completed with Niall Anderton named as the Irish company’s new(...)